Following a recruitment drive in March 2015 new members were appointed for the period 1 May 2015 to 30 April 2017 of which 13 were existing members and two new members.
Recruitment 1 May 2017 – 30 April 2019 – now underway
The recruitment drive for 2017 – 2919 is now underway with the Recruitment selection evening being held on Wednesday 5 April 2017 at 1730 at Eastburn, Hexham. A recruitment package is available here App Pack Year 15 with form and further information available on these pages and also from Marion or Lorna at email@example.com
At their meeting on April 2016, the JLAF members appointed Amanda Earshaw as chairwoman and George Astbury and Ian Jackson as vice-chairmen from May 1, 2016 – April 30, 2017. From 1 January 2016 Moray Allan is chairman of Working Group North, and Nick Rossiter chairman of Working Group South; the short-tems Strategic Working Group was concluded.
The county council appointed Cllr Trevor Thorne as their representative at their annual meeting in June, and the National Park Authority representative appointed at their Annual Meeting in June 2016 is Mike Bell.
Joint Local Access Forum members represent a wide variety of interests including landowning, tourism, education, business, recreation, farming, outdoor education, conservation, ecology, health issues, sustainable transport, accessibility for all and sport.
Members are also represented on forums and groups of a number of other organisations such as the Regional Local Access Forum Chairs group, Local Nature Partnership, Northumberland Coast AONB, North Pennines AONB Access & Recreaion Group, National Park Management Plan group etc.
Membership from May 1, 2015 – April 30, 2017 is:
- Alan Mitcham (Recreational interests)
- Amanda Earnshaw – Chairman (Recreational interests)
- Donella Rozario (Nat Park Resident; Recreational interests)
- George Astbury, Vice-Chairman (Other interests)
- Ian Jackson – Vice Chairman (Strategic Development Group chairman ) (Nat Park resident; Other interests)
- Jonathan Farries (Land interests)
- Michael MacGregor (Nat Park resident; Land interests)
- Mike Bell (Other interests – NPA representative)
- Moray Allan (Recreational interests)
- Nick Rossiter (Working Group South chairman) (Other interests)
- Sue Rogers (Working Group North chairman) (Recreational interests)
- Ted Liddle (Recreational interests)
- Cllr Trevor Thorne (Other interests – NCC representative)
- Victoria Brown (Recreational interests)