Some regular weekly markets have taken place for centuries.
Now special farmers’ markets have joined in to offer a great place to sample and taste.
Here you can hear the stories behind the food from the grower or breeder themselves.
Look out for speciality cheeses, quirky hand-made breads, organic meat and tasty homemade jams.
- Hexham market (9am-4.30pm)
- Haltwhistle market (9am-4pm)
- Alnwick market (9am-4pm)
- Last Friday of the month: Alnwick Farmers’ market
- Alnwick Market (9am-4pm)
- First Saturday of the month: Morpeth Farmers’ market
- Second and fourth Saturday of the month: Hexham Farmers’ Market
- Second Sunday of the month: Hadrian’s Wall Farmers’ Market at Greenhead
For more information about local markets please visit the Northumberland County Council website.