Call 999 and ask for an ambulance.
National Health Service helpline
Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency.
For all the hospitals listed below, please call 0344 811 8111 to be put through.
- Alnwick Infirmary NE66 2NS – 24 hour minor injuries unit
- Berwick Infirmary TD15 1LT – nurse-led 24 hour minor injuries unit
- Haltwhistle War Memorial Hospital NE49 9AJ – minor injuries service 9am – 5pm every day
- Hexham General Hospital NE46 1QJ – 24 hour emergency care
- Wansbeck General Hospital, Ashington NE63 9JJ – 24 hour accident and emergency department
Normal working hours: Go to accident and emergency at a hospital.
Out of hours: If you are experiencing severe dental pain outside of normal working hours please call 0845 608 0324. This service is available Monday to Friday 7pm to 11pm and weekends and bank holidays 9am-10pm.
Your local pharmacy can give advice and medication for common illnesses. These pharmacies have longer opening hours:
- Ashington – Central Pharmacy, Lintonville Terrace. Call 01670 856633
- Blyth – Alliance Pharmacy 60-62 Maddison Street. Call 01670 546092
- Cramlington – Sainsbury Pharmacy, Manor Walks. Call 01670 738379
- Hexham – Tesco Pharmacy, Tynedale Retail Park. Call 01434 719847
- Hexham – Lloyds Pharmacy, Hexham General Hospital, Corbridge Road, Hexham. Call 01434 603596
- Morpeth – Wellway Pharmacy, The Surgery. Call 01670 510005
Alnorthumbria veterinary group – covers Alnwick, Amble, Morpeth, Ponteland, Rothbury, Seahouses and Wooler. Call 0333 666 9995
Cheviot Vets – Between Wooler and Rothbury. Call 01665 578 728
Orchard House Veterinary Centres – In Hexham. Call 0143 460 7677