Ranger Team Five Year Strategy
The Ranger Team works to a five year strategy (PDF format) which highlights three core areas of operation for the rangers and volunteers.
- Connecting communities with their environments;
- Encouraging communities to help carry out parts of the Biodiversity Action Plan;
- Providing opportunities for local people to volunteer;
- Working with communities to develop recreational routes.
- Improving access by providing stiles, gates, signposts, and other practical work on paths and National Trails;
- Implementing Countryside and Rights of Way legislation;
- Promoting sustainable tourism through contact with visitors and providing an opportunity for them to communicate with the National Park Authority.
- Developing comprehensive rural skills training schemes;
- Initiating skills exchange programmes;
- Expanding training for volunteers;
- Mentoring and supporting new rural businesses based on the special qualities of the National Park.