Data Protection Declaration
Northumberland National Park Authority needs to collect and use certain types of personal information on for example current, past and prospective employees, members, suppliers, clients/customers, and others with whom it communicates.
In addition, it may occasionally be required by statute to collect and use certain types of information to comply with the requirements of government departments.
This personal information must be dealt with properly irrespective of how it is collected, recorded, used and disposed of - whether on paper, in a computer, or recorded on other material - and there are safeguards to ensure this in the Data Protection Act 1998.
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as critical to successful operations, and to maintaining the public's confidence in us. To maintain our reputation and integrity we need to be fully compliant with this legislation. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to the Principles of data protection, as enumerated in the Data Protection Act 1998 and will :
- observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information
- meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used
- collect and process appropriate information only to the extent that it is needed to fulfill operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements
- ensure the accuracy of information used
- apply strict checks to determine the length of time information is held
- ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held can be fully exercised under the Act
- take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information
- ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards
In addition, we will ensure that:
- there is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the Authority (Currently, the Nominated Person is Tim Fuller)
- everyone managing and handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good data protection practice
- everyone managing and handling personal information is appropriately supervised and trained to do so
- anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do
- queries about handling personal information are promptly and courteously dealt with
- methods of handling personal information are clearly described
- a regular review and audit is made of the way personal information is managed
- methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated
- performance in the handling of personal information is regularly assessed and evaluated
A copy of our Data Protection Policy can be obtained by contacting the Data Protection Coordinator by email on email@example.com by phone on 01434 605555 or in writing at the address below.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access to your personal data processed by Northumberland National Park Authority then please contact the coordinator in writing at
Northumberland National Park Authority