Northumberland National Park Authority is seeking Expressions of Interest for the lease of retail space at The Coquetdale Centre, Rothbury. The property is a former Victorian residence which is part occupied by the Forestry Commission and Northumberland National Park as a ranger and staff base for the Coquetdale and Cheviots areas of the National Park..
In addition to office accommodation The Coquetdale Centre operates as a Tourist Information Centre open to the public. The building has superfast fibre broadband throughout including free to use public Wi-Fi.
Up until 2016 the building had been fully occupied but due to a change in circumstance there is now an exciting opportunity for new partners to work alongside the National Park.
Currently there is a total of 62m2 of available space as follows:
|Ground Floor||Area||Potential Use|
|Visitor information||38.2m2||Retail, Education, Gallery, Exhibition Space, Food & Beverage*|
|Rear office||12.6m2||Office, Retail, Exhibition Space, Gallery, Storage*|
|First Floor||Area||Potential Use|
|Simonside Room||11.6m2||Office, Retail, Education, Gallery, Exhibition Space, Food & Beverage*|
*May require change of use or Change of use applied for
There is potential to let all of the space but the primary focus of the Expression of Interest is for the National Park visitor information and especially as a sales outlet for the soon to be opened Sill National Landscape Discovery Centre which is based in the Hadrian’s Wall area of the national park but will run events and activities across all the national park and beyond..
The Northumberland National Park is seeking a reputable partner that both promotes and enhances the National Park and activities therein. The current premises benefits from being promoted and advertised as a Tourist Information Centre and as such significant footfall and passing trade is to be expected.
The ideal partner for the park will be required to demonstrate that it understands and supports the National Park’s statutory purpose and that any business interests will not compromise or conflict with this.
The following information should be included in the Expression of Interest response:
- Name and contact details of the proponent
- Company profile and relevant experience
- Reference(s) from previous business landlord where applicable
- The vision for the proposal and the physical space
- Required length of tenure
After the submission deadline, the NNPA will consider the submissions and will (by invite only) invite one or more party forward for further detailed discussions.
Enquiries and Closing Date
Any enquiries should be directed to:
Estates Development Manager (Northumberland National Park)
The closing date for expressions of interest is Wednesday 8th February at 12.00pm.
Submissions can be emailed (address above) or posted to:
- A submission will not entitle or oblige the proponent to enter into a lease of the property. The expression is non-binding
- Further information and site visits can be arranged through the Estates Officer, Tel: 01434611506 or email@example.com
- The NNPA reserves the right to engage and negotiate with any party whether they have submitted an Expression of Interest or not.
- The proponent can withdraw the submission at any time by giving notice to the NNPA
- The NNPA may withdraw the Expression of Interest process at any time
- Proposed rental rates are subject to discussion and negotiation
- The NNPA may request evidence of financial suitability to support any proposal
- The proponent may not make any public statement in relation to the Expression of Interest document