Elsdon : The Church
The earliest visible masonry in the church is 12th century. Originally it was probably larger than it now is and incorporated a tower. The earliest reference to a rector of Elsdon dates to the early 13th century when the incumbent, Roger de Witcester was in dispute with Kelso Abbey over the tithe of foals from the Umfraville in Redesdale Forest (cf. Hodgson 1827, 15-18).
Picture : Elsdon Church