Kirknewton Archaeology Festival Weekend Programme
- Prehistoric Pottery demonstrations by Graham Taylor.
- Spinning, weaving, felting and dyeing demonstrations by Paula Constantine.
- ‘Rag Bag Morris’ dancers (Saturday)
- Archaeology displays by: Gefrin Trust, Northumberland National Park, Till Valley Archaeological Society (Till VAS), Border Archaeological Society (BAS), Northumberland Archaeological Group (NAG) and Northumberland County Council Archaeology.
- Free evening guided walk (Saturday) to the top of
- Tours to the site of Anglo Saxon Royal Palace at Gefrin (transport provided between Kirknewton and Gefrin).
Saturday, September 1
11:00 - Exhibition Opens
11:30 & 14:30 - Gefrin Tour with Roger Miket (Gefrin Trust)
11:30, 13:30 & 15:30 - Historic Pottery demonstration
14:00 & 15:00 - ‘Rag Bag Morris dancers’
17:30 Evening Guided Walk - Yeavering Bell
Throughout the day: Spinning, Weaving, Felting & Dyeing demonstrations by Paula Constantine.
Sunday, September 2
10:30 - Exhibition Opens
10:30 & 14:30 - Gefrin Tour with Roger Miket (Gefrin Trust)
11:30 - Historic Pottery demonstration
13:30 - Prehistoric Pottery Firing demonstration
Throughout the day: Spinning, Weaving, Felting & Dyeing demonstrations by Paula Constantine .
Date: 1st Sep 2012 - 2nd Sep 2012
Location: Kirknewton Village Hall