Autumn 2023 Young Ranger Placements
The Young Volunteer Ranger Placement is an opportunity for young people to work with and learn valuable skills from Northumberland National Park staff, whilst working as part of the National Park Ranger Team.
Successful applicants will develop on the job skills through a range of practical tasks, working with groups of volunteers of all abilities, and engaging and dealing with the public. Placements will become actively involved in the care and management of the National Park, including its sites, woodlands and nature reserves. You can read more about previous Young Ranger Placement participants on our website here.
The purpose of the placement is to help young people understand, value and contribute to conserving, enhancing and enjoying the National Park’s distinctive natural and cultural qualities.
The placement will involve the individual attending 10 days over a 3 month period. Opportunities involved include:
- Public Right of Way (PROW) work – footpath/promoted routes surveys or waymarking
- Practical work – which will include work on PROW, maintenance work on our historic buildings/sites, workshop days – building bird boxes and making finger posts
- Biodiversity work
- Event/guided walks/education
- Out and about with the National Park Volunteers on patrols or practical projects
- Work with specialist staff members, including Ecologist, Archaeologist, Farming Team and Access Officer
Two placements are available; one with the National Park Ranger Team based at The Sill: National Landscape Discovery Centre, and one with National Park Ranger Team based at Rothbury
Find out more about our placements by downloading the document below:
Download an application form here – Young Ranger Placement Autumn 2023 Application Form – .DOC File
To apply, please send your completed application form to: email@example.com
The closing date for the Autumn Placement is Monday 24th July 2023