August Holiday Club - Forest School
- Event date:
- 11th August 2022
- Walltown Country Park
Bring your kids along to enjoy the freedom of a nature-based holiday club in the heart of Northumberland National Park. Suitable for children aged 6-14 years old.
Just a 10 minute drive away from The Sill: National Landscape Discovery Centre is the Northumberland National Park site 'Walltown Country Park', a beautiful site with a dedicated bush craft area, forest, nature trails and water to explore. There is also a newly renovated indoor activity space and fully accessible toilets on site.
Our Forest School supports children to connect with nature, manage their own risks, and lead their own adventures. It helps children explore the outdoors, and build relationships with a small community of friends and experienced practitioners.
Activities will include: fire lighting, foraging, using tools, cooking on campfires, wildlife discovery and so much more...
We'll provide a fire-cooked lunch for all our children. Forest School lunches include foods like stews and breads, pizzas, vegetable pancakes, roasted vegetables/potatoes and sometimes cake! All vegetarian and vegan/gluten free options are available on request.
Stuff you need to know:
We go ahead with our sessions in sunshine, rain, snow... but may have to cancel if the winds are too high. This is to keep everyone safe. If we need to cancel we will be in touch as soon as we can confirm on the morning of the session, to let you know.
We have a special offer for Summer 2022, if you'd like somewhere to work whilst your child is having fun at Walltown, please contact email@example.com to book a free desk at The Sill.
We recommend that you bring:
- Waterproofs/protection from the sun – weather dependent
- Warm layers – its often cooler in the woods
- Spare socks and spare trousers – in case you get wet/muddy
- Drinking water
- Snacks – if needed
- Please also wear, sensible shoes and long trousers.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES:
- Our Covid-19 Policy, Procedures and Risk Assessment are available on our website.
- We will provide hand cleaning facilities at our woodland site.
- We will have hand cleaning routines that are more often than usual.
- We will promote good hygiene by promoting ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’.
- Frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned often and contact of shared equipment will be minimised.
- Our sessions will be held outside, reducing the risk of transmission.
Buy your tickets now
Please select at least one ticket.