About this role
Are you passionate about inspiring young people to connect with nature?
We know that through connecting more children, young people, and their families to nature, creating a lifetime relationship to the environment we can:
- support a green recovery/nature recovery
- support economic recovery
- support the nation’s health and well being
Can you collaborate with NNPA colleagues, volunteers, partners, the community, and business community to deliver an inclusive and sustainable programme that inspires young people to experience, understand and cherish Northumberland National Park and become active in its future?
You will need:
- Experience of working in a youth engagement or youth work setting
- Knowledge of Youth Action and Engagement in an outdoor setting, including health and safety.
- Experience of organising and delivering programmes of youth engagement
- A real empathy and ‘feel’ for what inspires young people.
For more information, please read the job pack.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter describing your reasons for applying and how you meet all essential criteria to [email protected]. Please use Assistant Youth Engagement Officer as the title of your e-mail.
Based at The Sill National Landscape Discovery Centre (Bardon Mill), Northumberland and with requirement to travel throughout Northumberland National Park (home working currently due to COVID)
37 hours per week
Fixed term until 31/3/22
£22,627 – £25,481 per annum
Closing date: 1/3/21
This project is funded by the government’s Green Recovery Challenge Fund. The fund is being delivered by The National Lottery Heritage Fund in partnership with Natural England and the Environment Agency.
The Sill - (home working currently due to COVID)