About this role
Landscape Recovery Project Officer (Farming)
Help to protect and conserve one of Britain’s finest landscapes
We are at the forefront of caring for one of the nation’s finest landscapes. Northumberland National Park is a stunning and diverse landscape, renowned for its natural beauty, rich history, and vibrant ecosystems. A forward looking and ambitious organisation, we are truly passionate about our role in recovering nature, conserving and enhancing our heritage, making the national park welcoming for all, and supporting our upland communities.
We are seeking a passionate and motivated individual to join our team as a Landscape Recovery Project Officer, specialising in advising farmers. This role is instrumental in supporting farmers to adopt more resilient agricultural methods. You will liaise closely with farmers and landowners, promoting initiatives that contribute to the restoration and conservation of the park’s natural habitats, ensuring the long-term health and resilience of the landscape.
With the value of national parks having been highlighted to be more relevant than ever in helping address some of the greatest challenges facing society, including recovering nature, you will help Northumberland play its full part.
- Educated to degree level in an environmental or land management related discipline or equivalent level of experience.
- Knowledge of current agricultural and natural environment policy.
- Knowledge of high nature value farming.
- Ability to influence partners, colleagues and land managers in a way that leads to effective delivery and good working relationships.
- Confident in the use of information technology systems and use of Microsoft Office and MS Teams applications.
- Land management experience, with expertise in at least one of the following:
- water management
- Experience of project management e.g. working to deadlines, management of budgets using spreadsheets and reporting to funders.
If this role sounds like it’s for you, then we really would like to hear from you.
For more information, see the job pack, including terms and conditions and how to apply.
The Sill: Landscape Discovery Centre or Hexham