Submitting an application to the Park

We strongly recommend you obtain planning advice before submitting a planning application. To find out more please visit the ‘Do I Need Planning Permission’ section of our website here.

Planning Service update – 20th October 2021

Our offices at Eastburn are now open however our planning team are continuing to work from home, we therefore recommend that if you are submitting a planning application you do so electronically through the planning portal website or by email to and that you continue to make payment by BACS (details on request) to ensure that your application is dealt with smoothly and efficiently.

There may be a delay in receiving letters or documents sent by post so if possible please continue to send all correspondence by email to

For the latest government guidance concerning planning appeals please visit


Northumberland National Park Authority is the statutory Local Planning Authority for the area of Northumberland National Park. If you live in the National Park this means that any planning application or pre-application enquiry relating to your property must be submitted to us, rather than to Northumberland County Council.

Other matters such as Building Control, Highways and Environmental Health are the responsibility of Northumberland County Council, within whose boundaries the National Park is located. Contact details for Northumberland County Council can be found online here.