Planning Pre-application Advice Charging Scheme
Charges are applicable for all pre-application planning advice and enquiries within Northumberland National Park. These charges are set out below.
The prices are listed below and are inclusive of VAT.
Large scale and major development
Advice on Large scale and major development proposals, including:
- A change of use of land in excess of 10,000 m² ( over 1 ha)
- Extensions to buildings or new agricultural buildings in excess of 465 m²
- Extensions to buildings or new commercial buildings in excess of 500 m²
- 3 or more new dwellings or holiday accommodation units (including conversions)
- Larger wind energy proposals (i.e. 2 or more turbines)
- Other larger scale renewable energy proposals
- Construction of new road/ private way over 300 metres in length
- All other major developments
Is my project likely to be supported if I apply for planning consent?
This includes an informal site visit from a planning officer where required, along with research and a written response detailing the planning history of a site, a list of known constraints, an assessment of the acceptability of your proposal against national and local planning policies and a list of documents that would be required for submission with a planning application.
Where the planning officer determines an internal specialist response (for example the Historic Buildings Advisor, the Historic Environment Advisor, Ecologist, the Landscape and Forestry officer or Access and Recreation (rights of way) officer) is essential there will be an additional fee of £125 charged at the outset.
Any additional follow-up meetings and/or written advice required
Exemptions & Discounts to Pre-application Advice Charges
The following pre-application enquiries will not incur a charge:
- Queries relating to development for persons registered as disabled, which would not attract a planning application fee.
- Queries relating to tree preservation orders.