Your chance to have your say.
Publication Draft Plan (May 2019)
Work is continuing on a new Local Plan for the National Park, which will cover the period 2017 – 2037. The Authority has now completed its ‘Publication Draft’ version of the Plan (Regulation 19 draft). This is the version of the Plan which the Authority considers its final version. It will be submitted to Government for independent examination.
We are now asking for comments on whether the draft Plan is considered ‘sound’ and legally compliant. Comments will also be submitted to the Secretary of State alongside the draft Plan. The time frame for submitting comments is Friday 31 May to 4.30pm on Friday 12 July 2019. Comments received after this date cannot be accepted.
A number of public consultation drop-in events are being held during this period at the following times and locations:
- 4th of June 2019 (4pm-7pm) at The Sill National Landscape Discovery Centre, Bardon Mill, Hexham, NE47 7AN
- 11th June 2019 (4pm-7pm) at the Cheviot Centre, Padgepool Place, Wooler, NE71 6BL
- 19th June 2019 (4pm-7pm) at Bellingham Town Hall, Bellingham, Hexham, NE48 2AS
- 25th June 2019 (4pm-7pm) at Elsdon Village Hall, Elsdon, NE19 1AA
Proposed Submission Documents
The following documents are required to be published at this stage under Regulation 19 of the 2012 Local Planning (England) Regulations:
- View the Publication Draft Plan 2019.
- View the Publication Draft Local Plan Policies Map – PDF version
- View the Publication Draft Local Plan Policies Map – Web Version
- View the Sustainability Appraisal Report (plus non-technical summary) and Habitat Regulations Report. These assessments appraise how well the draft plan meets environmental, social and economic objectives and check that that no proposals in the draft Plan would cause significant effects on important wildlife sites.
- View the Local Plan Equalities Impact Assessment.
- View the Local Plan Monitoring and Implementation Framework.
- View the Statement of Consultation plus Appendices. This explains how the Authority has involved people in the plan – making process and explains what consultation was undertaken and what responses were made.
- View the Notice of Local Plan Publication and Statement of Representations Procedure. This explains that the draft Plan has been published, where the plan can be viewed and where comments should be sent to.
The above documentation will also be available for public inspection during normal opening hours at the following locations:
NNPA offices/information points:
- NNPA HQ, Eastburn, South Park, Hexham, Northumberland, NE46 1BS
- Bellingham Library, Bellingham Town Hall, Manchester Square, Bellingham, NE48 2AS
- Haltwhistle Library, Westgate, Haltwhistle, NE49 0AX
- Haydon Bridge Library, Church Street, Haydon Bridge, NE47 6JQ
- Hexham Library, Queens Hall, Beaumont Street, Hexham, NE46 3LS
- Kielder Library, Kielder Community First School, Kielder, NE48 1HQ
- Rothbury Library, Front Street, Rothbury, NE65 7TZ
- Wooler Library, Cheviot Centre, Padgepool Place, Wooler, NE71 6BL
Library opening times can be found on the mylibrary website at: http://www.mylibrary.co.uk
Responding to the Publication Draft Plan
Please use the following form which is based on a standard form provided by the Planning Inspectorate.
There is guidance note at the end of the form for information on how it should be filled out. Please answer all questions and use a different form for each comment. Forms should be returned by email to: [email protected] – or to the address at the top of the form by 4.30 pm on Friday 12 July 2019. If you are having difficulty using the forms please email us using the address above or ring the Planning Team on 01434 605555.
Other supporting documents
- Preferred Options Draft Plan Consultation Feedback Report
- Summary of representations received to Preferred Options Draft Plan
Duty to Co-operate
The Authority has also prepared a Duty to Co-operate Statement detailing how it has worked with neighbouring Authorities and others as well as five ‘Statements of Common Ground’ which confirm that there are no outstanding cross boundary issues that remain unaddressed.
- NNPA Duty to Co-operate Statement May 2019
- Statement of Common Ground – Northumberland County Council
- Statement of Common Ground – Carlisle City Council
- Statement of Common Ground – Cumbria County Council
- Statement of Common Ground – Scottish Borders Council
- Statement of Common Ground – SES Plan Authority
- NCC Statement-of-Common-Ground-Stage-1-Regulation-19
Other local plan evidence
Other evidence studies and technical reports can be found on the main local plan webpage via the link below
What Happens Next?
Comments collected during this consultation will then be submitted, alongside the draft plan to the Planning Inspectorate for independent examination.